Here is how to find your MAC address or Host ID:
- Click Start.
- Type ncpa.cpl into the search box and press Enter.
- Right-click Local Area Connection and select Status.
- Click Details. The Physical Address is your MAC Address.
- Open the Apple System Profiler application in /Applications/Utilities.
- Look in the Network overview of the System Profile to find your Mac's Ethernet Address. For example, 8.0.2b.e6.87.59
- You can also use the command netstat -I en0
- Tap the Home button.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- Scroll down to Wi-Fi Address. This is the MAC address.
- Tap the Home button to return to the Home screen.
- Type /sbin/ifconfig eth0
- Note the string to the right of HWaddr.
- Remove the colons.
Type hostid at the command prompt.
For help registering your device so that it can connect to the Stanford wireless network: